“Baby one night somebody/Going to strike a match on a tombstone/And read your name.” ― Frank Stanford
You may submit up to five poems of any length. Simultaneous submissions are allowed. If individual pieces are accepted elsewhere please write a note in Submittable. We don't accept previously published pieces. All rights revert to the authors upon publication, though we ask that you acknowledge BOAAT.
BOAAT Press is passionate about the chapbook as a unique and important form for poetry. This means we’re particularly interested in manuscripts that demonstrate a creative approach to cohesion, as well as those that explore its formal possibilities for brevity/energy/urgency (and yes, please, manuscripts that do both!). We love writing that seriously engages with readers, that transcends craft, and that isn’t embarrassed to have intentions and make them known.
WHEN: Submissions open January 1, 2016 - March 15, 2016. This submission period is open for a short window to not overlap our BOAAT Chapbook Competition. The next PDF Chapbook Submission period will be from October, 1 2016 - March 15, 2017.
- poets writing in the English language are eligible
- manuscripts should be 15 to 30 pages of poetry, submitted in .docx or PDF formats only
- please do not add your name and contact information anywhere within the manuscript
- please do not add an acknowledgements/dedication page
- simultaneous submissions are permissible, but submitters are asked to notify BOAAT Press immediately if a manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere
- manuscript revisions are not permitted during the submission period
HONORARIUM: Every published chapbook author will receive $50
DESIGN: Each chapbook is beautifully designed as a PDF digital download by meg willing
EDITORS: Chapbook Division Masthead
ANNOUNCEMENTS: Our editors will get back to everyone who has submitted a manuscript before our BOAAT Chapbook Competition, which opens in June 2016. If your PDF Chapbook submission has been rejected, it's up to you to decide if you would like to submit a revised version of your manuscript to our BOAAT Chapbook Competition.